Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Broken Road Coming Back









Today, the birds woke me up. That was a wonderful thing. I've been working as a sub in the school system and I'm often up before the birds and on my way to whereever I need to go right when they start chirping.



I've been  trying to set my schedule  so that I'm not pulled in so many directions. I happen to be one of those people that love life and I want to be part of everything. It often gets me into big trouble. Now that I'm deep into the edit of Merili's Wine and trying to get my "platform" created, I really have very little time to do anything else.

I'm looking forward to releasing The Broken Road. It consists of several of my short stories as well some of my poetry. I am also including a big surprise for my readers and hope everyone likes it. I don't want to "tell" quite yet. I'm keeping it a secret.

These stories are about addiction and recovery. My hope is that the reader will gain a sense of what it's like to be lost in that world and what its like to get out of it. I found my inspiration in many places, but really I'm drawing from my own experiences and from those that I've heard about over the years.

It has also been inspiring for me to watch my grand daughter find her footing as a mother and a wife and a powerful person in the world. She's sober and for that I'm so grateful.

My husband suggested that I include some of my poetry and I'm glad he did. I've got quite a bit and I think you'll be surprised.

I'll keep you posted. Be well, don't ever give up on your dreams.




No comments:

Post a Comment